UrFU student wins world climbing competition
For Sharafutdinov, who has been climbing competitively for 10 years, this is his first gold medal. He took third place in this year's qualifying round, but he was the only Russian climber to advance to the final round of the competition.
Prior to victory in this year's World Cup, Sharafutdinov received bronze medals in 2003 and 2012 in all-Russian bouldering competitions.
In this year's world bouldering championship, second place in the men's competition went to France's Guillaume Glairon Mondet, followed by Canada's Sean McColl in third place, France's Jeremy Bonder in fourth place, Austria's Kilian Fischhuber in fifth place and Japan's Kokoro Fujii in sixth place.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants