UrFU ranked among top three research universities in Russia
Of the 53 research projects proposed by UrFU researchers at the competition, 20 were selected to receive funding. Six projects from UrFU's Institute of Natural Sciences alone will receive funding as as four projects from the Institute of Materials and Metallurgy.
Moreover, researchers from UrFU's departments of chemical technology, physics and technology, power engineering, mathematics and basic education were also selected to receive funding during the competition.
"I believe that the university showed a good result in the competition," UrFU Vice Rector of Science Vladimir Kruzhaev said. "Compared with last year, we have doubled the amount of science. [UrFU research projects] will receive $5.23 [in funding this year. Of course, you always want more...The more applications submitted that are quantitative and [require] actual research from our scientists, the more likely [the university] will have ultimate success."
Southern Federal University and the National Research Technical University were the only educational institutions in Russia to surpass UrFU in the number of projects selected for grants.
"I am sure that each UrFU institute has something to offering in this contest and regularly implement the existing potential," Kruzhaev said.
Thus far in 2014, the Russian government has provided more than $150 million in funding for research projects conducted at local and national universities.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants