Former deputy head of Yekaterinburg sentenced to prison
Konteev first began overseeing Yekaterinburg trade markets in 1992; he was arrested in August 2011 on charges of murder, bribery and extortion, RIA Novosti reports.
Konteeva was sentenced to 18 years imprisonment in a penal colony and fined $14,517, according to Vladimir Markin, the official representative of the investigative committee. He faced the possible maximum life sentence.
Twelve other defendants appeared in the case, one of whom died in a hospital prison of tuberculosis, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants