UrFU ranked among Russia's top 10 universities in 2014
UrFU's 10th place ranking was announced at a ceremony in Moscow last Wednesday when UrFU Rector Victor Koksharov was presented with a certificate indicating the university's growth in competitiveness over the previous year.
"For us, this is a very significant advance in the ranking of Expert RA," Koksharov said. "Two years ago, we took 19th place; last year we climbed to 15th. And now, a dozen. Improve the position almost two times, I think is warranted. University seriously advanced in many respects. UrFU brand became more visible and recognizable in the Urals, at the federal level and abroad. This was great team work [among the] leadership, scientists and teachers."
Expert RA considers three aspects of a university when issuing its ranking: quality of education, hiring rate of graduates and research and development activities.
UrFU's increased ranking this year comes as a result of an increase in the number of international students enrolled, increased funding from the national government and higher visibility in the Russian university community.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants