Ural composers' union celebrates new location on Pushkin Street
The union's new home is a furnished mansion partially occupied by the Writers' Union and Sweater art gallery. The composers' portion of the mansion occupies three rooms on the first floor measuring approximately 1,000 square feet, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Additionally, the union has access to a shared performance space on the second floor, which can accommodate up to 100 guests.
During the housewarming party, a representative from Yamaha presented the group with a new grand piano, which will be stored in the second-floor concert hall, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Once completely moved into the mansion, the union plans to participate in beautification projects around the facility, including renovating the performance space and the outdoor patios.
Currently, the Ural Composers' Union has 12 artists-in-residence who reside full-time at the Pushkin Street mansion. Last week, the union approved two new composers--Irinia Vinkevich and Yakov Zilberman--to join their residency program, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
The leadership of the Ural Composers Union began scouting locations for their new home in February before deciding on the Pushkin Street location in late May.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants