UrFU lays foundation for construction memorial
The ceremony began with a procession of soldiers and teaching units down Lenin Avenue. Construction of the memorial is expected to be completed within the year.
Anatoly Matern, a vice rector for UrFU, spoke at the event, congratulating the construction students on a new season. Stanislav Naboichenko, the chairman of the Public Chamber and an honorary citizen of the Sverdlovsk region, also spoke at the event, along with Yevgeny Silchukov, the deputy minister of physical culture, sport and youth policy for the Sverdlovsk region.
The monument will honor soldiers and student construction brigades. University students and staff will soon decorate the area with 11 beds of flowers. The statue was designed by sculptor Svetlana Vorobyov and is called "Planet Celina."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants