Programming Cup fans invited to phone-throwing contest
The event will be held at 1 p.m. on June 25 at the Uralochka Palace of Sports during the programming competition, which will be held June 22-26, Ekburg.ru reports.
Contestants will throw their mobile phones and perform soccer tricks and crash tests with them, and a typing contest will be held. Participants must bring their old phone with them when registering at the Palace of Sports.
The event is being organized by the Student Union of Ural Federal University. Winners of the competition will receive such prizes as a PSP portable gaming console or e-books, according to Ekburg.ru.
Ural Federal University will have a team competing in the competition, which pits participants against each other in such areas as solving computer problems and writing code.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants