Yekaterinburg to add second metro line to streamline travel
The proposed east-west line would connect the Verkh-Isetskaya station with the Kamenye Palatkiy station. Running through 1905 platform, the new line would connect with the north-south's Line 1 interchange, Railway Gazette reports.
Costs for the project are estimated to reach $4.3 million during 2014, which will provide for planning and design considerations. Construction of the east-west line will begin in 2016 and is expected to open in 2018 at a total cost of $2.3 billion.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants