Digital planetarium opens in Middle Urals
Situated in the center's "Salute" building, the planetarium is open 10 hours a day to show various 3D presentations on the cosmos, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
The planetarium features 34 seats in which viewers can fully recline while learning about the the history of the universe, watch live satellite feeds orbiting telescopes, witness rocket launches from across the world and view recreations of meteor showers and asteroid events.
Exhibit director Stanislav Rogozin is preparing to launch another visual presentation in the coming weeks, custom-made for patrons of the Yekaterinburg planetarium. The newest presentation will feature cartoons, lectures, films and photographs which focus on cosmological events in the Urals, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Cost of admission to the planetarium is $4.30 for children and $8.60 for adults.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants