UrFU hosts spring blood donation drive
Hundreds of participants were able to donate blood, while half of the visitors were turned away for such reasons as high blood pressure, heart disease and other reasons.
Physician Elena Taskaeva said donors must be healthy and have no diseases. Taskaeva is an experienced donor with five donations in the treasury of city hospitals.
Participants were greeted with a cup of hot tea following their donation. They were also encouraged to get rest after the procedure.
Alain Gadzhaman, a student in the Graduate School of Economics and Management, explained the process, saying that it doesn't hurt and that the procedure is no more intimidating than the prick of a finger. He said he was nervous at first, but then he relaxed and felt a pleasant chill on the skin.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants