Yekaterinburg ramps up efforts to catch stray animals
Spetsavtobaza, an animal control company, caught 306 stray animals in April alone. The company also caught and sterilized 30 dogs, after which they were transferred to a temporary facility to be adopted out to new owners, Ekburg.ru reports.
Citizens can contact Spetsavtobaza in order to inform them of the location of a stray animal. The company will send out an employee to capture the animal, which will then be examined, vaccinated and treated for parasites by a veterinarian.
The company also helps rehabilitate the stray animals, in order to prepare them for a safe and healthy existence with human owners. Most animals stay for 21 days in the facility, though some may stay in the shelter much longer should they need more preparation or should they have trouble finding a new home, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants