MegaFon to begin offering SMS filtering service
The feature is offered free to any MegaFon cellular subscriber as part of its ongoing effort to protect its customers from spam messages.
To add a phone number to the restricted list, customers must dial *903# and hit send. Once sent, the user will retrieve a list of the last 10 phone numbers with which the customer has had a text message interaction. The user can then choose the number they wish to block.
"MegaFon for several years successfully fighting spam," MegaFon's director of fraud prevention said. "There are times when a subscriber signs up for himself promotional mailings, which subsequently begin his burden. For example, the subscriber may, within a few years to come regular SMS-messages from the fitness club, which he no longer [uses]. With our new service, client will receive only interesting and relevant information."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants