USMU students pitch in for clean-up on banks of Iset
The event began with an inauguration speech from Sergei Tushin, the deputy head of Yekaterinburg on the organization of significant events, and Nikolai Kosarev, a rector at USMU, Ekburg.ru reports.
Tushin thanked the participants, the founders of Ural State Mining University and the organizers of the event. He also spoke on the occasion of the Victory Day, honoring those who fought for country.
Kosarev said that through cleaning up the Iset, the townspeople will be able to enjoy holidays on its banks. He urged the volunteers to put as much effort into the cleaning project as they do in the classroom, according to Ekburg.ru.
Approximately 1,500 bags of garbage were collected and sent to the landfill. Additionally, four dump trucks were filled with large branches, building materials and stones.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants