Sverdlovsk head meets with labor union officials on social issues
The meeting was attended by Trade Union Federation Chairman Andrei Vetluzhsky, Regional Committee of the Union of Workers of Culture Chairman Valentina Vysotskaya, National Education and Science Union Chairman Tatiana Troshkina, Union of Health Workers Chairman Alexei Chemodanov and Employees of Public Institutions and Public Service Chairman Friedrich Ebel, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
During the meeting, Pasler urged union heads to be patient with both the regional and national governments in allocating additional funds to raise labor wages.
"Waiting for government support businesses, people in the village, everyone understands that it is necessary and repair roads," Pasler said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "And yet, in the first place, we allocate funds for education, health and social policy. And this we will not deviate."
At one point in the meeting, the teacher's union proposed that urban educators be paid higher than those in more rural areas of the region.
"This decision is not acceptable," Pasler said, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports. "We'll lose teachers in small towns and villages. And imagine if there is no school in the village, then we lose agricultural producers. It is very important for us to well-being in rural areas."
Throughout the duration of the meeting, Pasler heard proposals from the unions regarding wage increases for janitors, technical workers, medical professionals and civil servants.
"I assure you that no one intentionally does not eliminate unions," Pasler said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "We are talking about people's activity on their aspirations. I believe out meeting with you proof that the governor and the regional government unions like United Russia party-- key partners in our efforts to ensure the welfare of the Sverdlovsk region. Let us together work on it."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants