Yekaterinburg to honor WWII veterans at Victory Day celebration
The series of events, which will be held at historic sites throughout the city, will begin at 8:30 a.m. local time on May 9 with a memorial service at the site of the Shirokorechenskiy monument. At 10 a.m., the Yekaterinburg garrison will march in parade fashion at the historic 1905 Square, Ekburg.ru reports.
Immediately following the garrison parade, attendees will proceed to the Uralmashevtsev memorial to lay flowers honoring the fallen soldiers of World War II.
From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Pushkin Street, there will be an old-style exhibition of the retro-war years. From noon to 4 p.m., regional patriot clubs will put on the "Heirs of the Victory" festival in the old Soviet Army facility in Yekaterinburg, according to Ekburg.ru.
Attendees will have the chance to attend the "Songs of Victory" concert from noon until 6 p.m. at Yekaterinburg Historical Park. Following the concert, the "Victory Salute" activities will begin at the park. At 7 p.m. all activities will be suspended for a moment of silence in honor of those who lost their lives in World War II, Ekburg.ru reports.
Victory Day celebrations will conclude in a concert gala and fireworks display which will last until 10:30 p.m..
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants