Cold weather delays annual volunteer clean-up efforts for second time
The volunteer work event was initially scheduled for April 19 but was moved to April 26 due to weather, Ekburg.ru reports.
Eugene Lipovich, the deputy head of Yekaterinburg's beautification, transport and environment division, extended the event until May 5, saying the traditional cleaning day will be held on a weather-appropriate day between April 30 and May 5.
The city will announce the exact date after more information comes in on expected weather, according to Ekburg.ru.
Subbotnik--a practice established after the October Revolution at the turn of the 20th century in Russia--brings together citizens to clean urban common areas such as parks, gardens and courtyard areas.
The first subbotnik was held on April 12, 1919, at the Moscow-Sortirovochnaya railway depot on the Moscow-Kazan Railway, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants