Yekaterinburg celebrates anniversary of first flight into space
Residents celebrated the anniversary at an event near the Historic Time Capsule this weekend. The event featured an exhibition at the Airborne Museum and at the Museum of History of Yekaterinburg, Ekburg.ru reports.
On April 12, 1961, Yuri Gagarin completed a full orbit of the earth on the Vostok spaceship. Gagarin's voyage was preceded by the successful orbital flight by two dogs, Belka and Strelka, in 1960.
The event kicked off with the chiming of a clock made up of 12 rockets. The program also included performances from several groups, including the military orchestra, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants