Nizhny Tagil teen wins Russian Doodle for Google contest
Vortonsov's Google logo entry entitled "Compassion-- The Heart of Civilization," which depicts an astronaut on a rocket handing a flower of friendship to an alien, was posted on Google's Russian home page over the weekend in celebration of Astronautics Day, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Vortonsov will travel to Google's headquarters in San Francisco, Calif., to accept her prize of 30 laptop computers to be used in her high school's computer equipment class.
"I sincerely believe that if somewhere in space there is life, between extraterrestrial and human civilization will be understanding and good relations," Vortonsov said, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
This year marks Vortonsov's second year participating in the Doodle for Google competition. Last year, her entry for the company's "My City. My Country" contest was ranked in the top 300 among 9,000 entries.
"Of course I want to be a professional artist, such as Laura Zombies," Vortonsov said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "This year the plan is to go in the Ural Academy of Architecture as an artist-animator."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants