USUE hosts training seminar for 2018 FIFA World Cup
The two week-long seminars consisted of foreign language classes, lectures and practical exercises enhance the volunteers' knowledge of regional attractions and hospitality offerings.
"Professional guide is very difficult," USUE Director of Service and Hospitality Elena Kurilova said. "It requires serious preparation, profound knowledge, because the questions tourists might arise [can be] quite unexpected. And a tourist can ask a question in their own language, so you need to raise the level of knowledge of foreign languages."
Volunteers also participated in a lecture on transportation security led by Olga Sanaeva, USUE's head of travel industry. During the security seminar, Sanaeva demonstrated best practices in security preparedness for volunteers charged with organizing transportation.
At the conclusion of the training, the certified tour guides received official certificates from the Sverdlovsk Director of Tourism Elmira Tukanova.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants