Sverdlovsk region sees decline in industrial accidents
The data, which was reported by the local division of the State Labor Inspectorate, revealed that there were 421 industrial accidents in 2013, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Nikolai Shedlovsky, the head of the inspectorate, said that most injuries came from falling from heights, vehicle accidents and falling objects.
"If you look into industrial accidents, you can come to the conclusion that their number tends to go down," Shedlovsky said, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The inspectorate discovered more than 13,500 cases of labor rights violations in the Sverdlovsk region, including 3,000 in the building industry.
Many of the violations were related to labor protection in employee training as well as pay violations and failures to provide workers with protective gear, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants