Russian translator of Czech comic novel "Saturninus" to speak at UrFU
During the lecture, Volkova will read passages from "Saturninus" and discuss the comic novel's iconic illustrations, penned by Adolf Born. Written in 1967, "Saturninus" was only available in Czech language until Volkova's Russian translation.
Following the lecture, Volkova will present a Russian-language copy of "Saturninus" to UrFU rector Viktor Koksharov before sitting down with a select group of UrFU students and staff for an informal question and answer session.
Volkova's engagement at UrFU was arranged by the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Yekaterinburg in collaboration with Charles University.
Volkova, who is also an actress and journalist, is a faculty member at Charles University in Prague. She worked closely with Czech language coach Radan Kaputsian when developing her translation of "Saturninus".
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants