Workers begin road maintenance, re-paving efforts in Yekaterinburg
Municipal road services took delivery of the first 200 tons of asphalt from Yekaterinburg ABZ's facility in Upper Isetsky, with another 100 tons arriving from Leninsky Daewoo later in the day. Though crews had been gathered to begin road repairs the same day, work was suspended due to poor weather, Ekburg.ru reports.
Weather forecasters predict that weather conditions will improve enough by the middle of next week for workers to begin mixing and laying asphalt along Yekaterinburg's roads. As a result of the delay, the administration of Yekaterinburg announced it will accelerate the pace of the road work.
Anatoly Kordyukov, the director of Yekaterinburg ABZ asphalt plant, told municipal officials the facility is capable of producing 1,000 tons of hot asphalt per day in warm weather conditions, according to Ekburg.ru.
Due to the weather conditions, however, the plant will furnish city road workers with a special cold asphalt mixture which can be used to fix potholes and re-pave roads in temperatures below 10 degrees Celsius. The cold mixture takes longer to dry, causing longer durations of road closures.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants