Informatics Olympiad kicks off at UrFU
In total, 245 high school students from across 50 regions in Russia have gathered at UrFU to compete in individual and group challenges in the fields of information technology and communications.
"I believe that among the participants of the Olympiad has a considerable number of future students of our university" UrFU rector Viktor Koksharov said. "We are interested in attracting the most talented students, and are able to provide them with excellent conditions for learning-- from high scholarship and modern laboratory facilities to the possibility of living in a new dorm."
The most difficult challenge of this year's Olympiad, the Blind Programming challenge, will be held on Thursday. The event will conclude Friday with the awards ceremony.
Organized each year by the Russian Ministry of Education and Science, the All-Russian Olympiad first begins as a regional contest before the highest-performing students are brought to the final phase to compete.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants