One hundred new grocery stores to open in Middle Urals
The agreement was also signed by X5 CEO Stephen Ducharme and regional Governor Yevgeny Kuyvashev. Grocery stores operating under X5 include Roundabout, Carousel and Crossroads, each listed within the top three food retailers in the country, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Ducharme predicts that the string of 100 new stores will provide a minimum of 2,000 new jobs to the region and will require an investment of approximately $14 million.
"Cooperation with federal networks is an opportunity to develop new markets for products of the Urals," Kuyvashev said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "We hope that through an extensive distribution network, which is X5 Retail Group, we can ensure the supply of our products to other regions. Now our task--to bring quality products to the Urals to the standards that today a group of companies makes X5 Retail Group."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants