Sverdlovsk Governor Kuyvashev honors Olympians, Paralympians
Russian Olympians won two gold medals and one bronze at this year's event. Biathlete Anton Shipulina received $113,000 in prize money, while skaters Yulia Lipnitskaya and Konkobezhki Skokova received $48,500, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Lipnitskaya was not able to attend the ceremony because she was competing in the world championships of figure skating in Japan.
Paralympians also received prizes for their efforts, which netted Russia eight gold medals. Mikhalina Lysova received $500,000, Allen Kaufman $460,000 and Anna Milenina $350,000, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Sverdlovsk Paralympic curlers Andrei Smirnov and Oksana Slesarenko received $70,000 each for their silver medals. Alexey Ivanov and Mikhalin Lysova received $270,000 for their work with visually impaired Paralympians.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants