Sverdlovsk announces new directives for Pervouralsk city development
"Pervouralsk 300" offers a comprehensive concept of socio-economic development of the urban district with intricate planning up through the year 2020. The program's title refers to the plan's estimation that the city will be home to 300,000 citizens by the year 2020, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Pervouralsk urban district head Nikolai Kozlov said he fully supports "Pervouralsk 300" and believes living within the city provides clear benefits to citizens of the Sverdlovsk region.
"First, the proximity to the regional center," Kozlov said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "The city is of it just 19.8 west [of Yekaterinburg]. From Pervouralsk reach Yekaterinburg even easier than to get to the town hall of the district of Yekaterinburg Academic. And we can build on the model of Academic districts, here is a great potential for the development of the territory. Plus a reasonable pricing policy. Plus surplus energy. Furthermore, Pervouralsk's pantry is fresh water."
"Pervouralsk 300" calls for regional and national businesses to invest in the urban district to meet the housing, employment and infrastructural needs of a growing city center.
"The program provides compensation costs of investors to connect to networks and the modernization of enterprises," Kozlov said, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports. "But in Yekaterinburg, in some cases, the development of enterprises is no longer possible: very expensive land does not allow to expand. And in general, in the region there are areas where natural resources exhausted, worn out industrial power. So that the transfer of businesses to new industrial site in Pervouralsk can become a regional program."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants