Yekaterinburg terminates stray animal removal contract with Universalremont
The contract, which Universalremont won in a bid, required the company to remove stray animals in a humane way, after which animal welfare fund Zoozaschita would be responsible for deciding whether the animal can be socialized and re-homed, Ekburg.ru.
Animals that are unable to be socialized are euthanized and their remains placed in a special burial ground.
Experts predict that, with the breeding season between February and early March and the lack of stray animal removal during the period, the city will see an increase in the number of stray animals in April and May, according to Ekburg.ru.
The city has, however, since replaced the contract with Universalremont with Spetsavtobaza, the company who came in second place for the bid.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants