UrFU student Artem Garashchenko wins snowkite championship
Snowkite involves being towed on a snowboard by a kite. Strong winds helped the Yekaterinburg competitor jump the ice to victory. Garashcneko was the best racer in the international competition, which involved 115 competitors from six countries.
Garaschenko said the competition left him with aching muscles, hands and feet, but he added that he was very pleased with being double world champion in the freestyle category.
The athlete is a student in the Institute of Physical Culture, Sport and Youth Policy at Ural Federal University. Overall, he ranks fourth in the world in freestyle and summer kite racing.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants