Elevator at Nizhny Tagil hospital falls six floors, injuring two
The State Labor Inspectorate of the Sverdlovsk region has suspended usage of the elevator for 45 days while investigators continue researching the incident, RIA Novosti reports.
Initial reports indicated that the eight passengers aboard the elevator at the time of the incident overloaded the car's weight capacity, causing the elevator to drop six floors before coming to rest on the basement level. Two of the passengers aboard the elevator at the time of the incident were patients of the hospital.
"The cause of the accident was a flagrant violation of the rules and instructions lifter manual elevator - a significant lift capacity," a statement by the State Labor Inspectorate said, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants