UrFU to host regional finals of Imagine Cup IT competition
Sponsored by Microsoft, the regional finals of the Imagine Cup will take place on April 4 and are open to both graduate and undergraduate students of the Sverdlovsk region. Participants may compete as individuals or teams.
The Imagine Cup challenges students to develop a technological invention and create a working prototype of their creation to demonstrate to judges. Submissions must fall into one of three categories: games, innovation and social projects.
Currently, 20 teams have registered for the April 4 competition.
Last year, UrFU student team "Sky Chroma" won the regional round of the Imagine Cup with their invention of a live broadcast switcher. As a result, the team received a grant of $10,000 from Microsoft to further develop their invention.
The Imagine Cup international finals will be held in Redmond, Washington, at Microsoft's headquarters.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants