Coffee House roof collapses under ice in Yekaterinburg
Inspectors estimated that the coffee shop--located at 46 Lenin Avenue--was shouldering densely packed icicles weighing up to 2 pounds each on its roof before succumbing to the pressure, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Coffee House employees have sectioned off the collapsed portion of the cafe to retain its carry-out beverage service. However, officials worry that the remaining ice on the roof poses a threat to pedestrians.
Professional ice extractors were on-site at Coffee House to remove any remaining ice, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants