Ovchinnikov joins CSKA coaching staff
Ovchinnikov, 43, was born in Moscow. He began his soccer career with Dynamo Sukhumi before joining Lokomotiv Moscow after just one year. In 2005, he joined Dynamo Moscow, following former Lokomotiv coach Yuri Syomin.
In Portugal, he played for Benfica, Alverca and Porto. Ovchinnikov worked as head coach for two Dynamo teams in Bryansk and in Minsk, as well as for Krasnodar's Kuban.
"I'm really happy to join... [a] club with rich history and big traditions," Ovchinnikov said of CSKA, which is owned in part by Uzbek mogul Iskander Makhmudov. "This offer is a big challenge for me, and I accepted it with big pleasure. I'll meet the team for the first time on Saturday. I'm acquainted with some of the players already, and it might help me in the adaptation process."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants