Tatar cuisine festival held in honor of Yunus Akhmetzyanov
Akhmetzyanov is known for collecting village recipes and creating a network of restaurants with food from the nation, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
The festival included a competition between schools and colleges in the area with the motive of promoting national cuisine. People of all nationalities were asked to prepare dishes from their history.
The event also included a slide show and a performance by Tatar folk dancers, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Those who attended were able to learn the secrets behind such Tatar delicacies as uchpochmak, which are triangles of baked meat with potatoes, and a cake called balisha. Participants were also able to enjoy oblihut fingers after chak chak, which is dough with honey.
Representatives from Yekaterinburg's Economic and Technological College participated in the event. The team will also participate in the Russian national championship cooking competition in Kazan, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants