Ophthalmology center to open in downtown Serowe
The treatment center was first proposed 25 years ago by the then Deputy Plenipotentiary of the President in the Ural Federal District Alexander Moiseev. However, the construction of such an eye care center was suspended due to budgetary restrictions, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
In 1996, the Sverlodvsk region's chief ophthalmologist Oleg Shilovsky began a campaign to finally establish the Serowe treatment center alongside Svyatoslav Fyodorov, a high-ranking member of the IRTC.
When the Serowe facility opens later this year, it will treat up to 550 patients per month and perform procedures such as laser eye correction and cataract removal.
"I can not believe that everything happened so fast," Anna Kortina, a patient who recently underwent a procedure identical to one that will be offered at Serowe, said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "Nothing [was] felt [during the cataract removal], only some circles went before my eyes."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants