USUE holds "Gifts for Mom" culinary contest for grade-school students
In total, 29 grade-school students participated in the contest where they prepared desserts for consideration by the judges. Their work was displayed in the second floor of USUE's administration building.
Submissions ranged from simple to intricate, and included cupcakes, small cakes and specialty cakes in the shape of the Eiffel Tower and Barbie dolls.
USUE faculty and staff members joined local culinary experts as judges for the competition. Participating staff and faculty included Rector Mikhail Fyodorov, Department of Technology Supplies head Olga Chugunova, Sverdlovsk Association of Culinary Professionals member Svetlana Pimenova, USUE Deputy Director of Dining Helen Tretyakov and Department of Technology Engineering staff member Ilya Korzhavina.
The top three culinary champions received certificates for a free baking lesson and the chance to compete in an advanced competition later this year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants