Belarusian sculptor Sergei Logvina wins Mulyavin monument contest
Logvina was selected by a panel of judges after the design contest had been extended twice due to poor submissions. In total, 17 designs were submitted, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
The monument will depict Vladimir Mulyavin, a famed Yekaterinburg folk guitarist and singer, holding a guitar and looking off over his right shoulder in bronze. Construction on the monument will commence in the summer in Belarus. When complete, the sculpture will be shipped to Yekaterinburg and be featured in the city's square.
Born in the Sverdlovsk region in 1941, Mulyavin graduated from the Sverdlovsk School of Music in 1956. He has spent his entire career raising awareness of Ural-region folk music traditions. Most recently, he was invited to headline an orchestral event last May at the Ural State Variety Theatre, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants