Yekaterinburg health officials urge precautions against illness
"I note that we have at the moment no flu epidemic," Yekaterinburg Department of Health Deputy Head Larissa Rozhkov said, according to Ekburg.ru. "We are monitoring on the basis of a reference laboratory, figuring that circulates in Yekaterinburg. It was found that mainly observed RS-virus, adenovirus. And now there is a really a small rise in the incidence caused by failure to influenza and other respiratory virus group, and so last week doctors observed rise in incidence."
Rozhkov urged residents of Yekaterinburg to avoid prolonged exposure to public areas such as malls, airports, and schools in order prevent infection. Moreover, health officials recommended taking precautions such as making sure rooms are well-ventilated and wash hands frequently in order to prevent infection. Herbal remedies such as cooking with large amounts of garlic and onion were also recommended.
"There is no such a year that we have lived, and lifting and respiratory viral infections was not," Rozhkov said, referring to an annual surge in flu cases in Yekaterinburg, according to Ekburg.ru. "There was no rise in December and January-- there is a high probability that there will be a rise in March and April. Let's hope that this rise will not be so great."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants