OTP Bank charged with violating consumer rights
According to the analysis, the bank's insurance package for the borrowing party allegedly had a proviso on charging the borrower for joining the program, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Additionally, under the program, customers would not receive their insurance fees back should the insurance party cancel the agreement before the end of the term, and the amount paid back to the insured would depend on the reason given by the borrowing party for the cancellation of the agreement.
The loan and insurance scheme was allegedly designed by the bank so as to keep necessary data from the consumer so that they are unable to make an informed choice on the type of insurance services and the amount of the insurance premium. It also allegedly kept the nature of the service and the bank's obligations hidden and obscure, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants