Chelyabinsk administration to develop Scarlet Field Square
According to the administration, the new developments will be located near the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and Krupskaya Palace of Pioneers, Ura.ru reports.
Over the past several years, the area has been tapped as a potential location for nightclubs, malls, business parks and restaurants, but the projects were never realized.
One of the most popular leisure spots in the area, Scarlet Field has more than 100 years of history. The spot was a fairground in the 19th century, before becoming a park. In 1907, construction began on the Nevsky Cathedral--named after the saint and early leader of the Rus state.
The square got its name "Scarlet Field" in connection with the first Russian revolution in 1905, when Chelyabinsk workers gathered to protest conditions and were attacked and suppressed by authorities.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants