Yekaterinburg Zoo announces first successful crane offspring
The gray-crowned crane chick, which hatched at the beginning of the month, was artificially developed in an incubator using genetic material from two of the zoo's cranes, Fantik and Romashka, meaning Daisy, RIA Novosti reports.
"The first time the [chick] demanded attention, [it] tried to run over officers, he turns on a radio, or will start to actively call, uttering loud sounds," the zoo said of the chick, according to RIA Novosti.
Daisy and Fantik were acquired by the zoo in 2001 and are one of the zoo's most popular exhibits.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants