Paralympics Torch Relay to begin in Yekaterinburg
The relay will begin at 10 a.m. local time in Yekaterinburg's Square 1905. Participating athletes will move down Lenin Avenue to Kommunary Square and proceed to Furmanov Street, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The relay route will continue to Vosmoye Marta Street, where relayers will turn left onto Malyshev Street and pass the torch to the next group at the Tsentrainy Hotel.
During the second leg of the relay, the torch-bearing group of athletes will continue towards Rosa Luxembroug Street, then proceed along Dekabristov, Chepayev and Frumanov-Tkachey Streets before passing the torch to the third group at the corner of Vostochnaya Street, according to Ural Business Consulting.
The third group of relayers will head into downtown Sochi once again along Lenin Avenue before reaching the fourth and final group outside the railway station at Karl Liebknecht Street.
Once the torch has been passed the last group, the relay will move along Sverdlov Street and Chelyuskinstev Street, crossing the Makarovsky bridge onto Boris Yeltsin Street to the finish line on Vosmoye Marta Street, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The Paralympic Games will be held from March 7-16.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants