Sverdlovsk to begin cost assessment of relocating Central Stadium in March
The move would be part of an effort to prepare the region for the 2018 World Cup. The transfer of the walls will be discussed at a meeting of the public council for the reconstruction of the arena, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
At a previous meeting, regional Governor Evgeny Kuyvashev instructed experts to determine the possibility of transferring the stadium walls.
Two ways of moving them were suggested, the first of which would be to cut away the walls, transport them and then assemble them at a new site. The second method would be to slash the annular array wall, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Specialized railway tracks would be constructed to move the foundation. Both options would, according to authorities, retain the building's historical and cultural value.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants