Charity gala performance of "Nutcracker" raises $10,000 for children with cancer
Organized through a partnership between the Yekaterinburg State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater, and a total of 77 local dancers, vocalists, musicians, visual artists and puppeteers, Monday's performance drew nearly 400 spectators, including Yekaterinburg administration head Alexander Yakob, Ekburg.ru reports.
Proceeds from ticket sales and sales of paintings in the theater lobby were donated to the Center for Pediatric Oncology and Hematology at regional clinical hospital No. 1 to purchase medical equipment for the treatment of the facility's 100 pediatric patients.
"All of us - artists and audiences Yekaterinburg theaters this concert brought together one big good deed," a press release issued by the participating artists said, according to Ekburg.ru. "And we thank God for what we are, the most wonderful, kind and caring audience."
"The Nutcracker" is a two-act ballet with a score composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. The libretto is adapted from "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King," written by German author E.T.A. Hoffman. The first performance of the ballet was featured in 1892 at the Imperial Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants