Sverdlovsk resident Ekaterina Glazyrina represents Russia during Sochi Olympic Games
In an interview with Oblastnaya Gazeta, Glazyrina explained how she first became interested in the biathlon event, which consists of skiing, running and shooting a rifle.
"When I was in fifth grade, we went to the gym teacher and asked who wants to engage in skiing...and gradually [I] began to go on the weekend biathlon complex in Tchaikovsky," Glazyrina said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "At some point became the first time to try to run with a rifle, then more...Everything went smoothly."
Glazyrina credits her career as an athlete to the support she received from her family and the great opportunities to pursue her athletic interests while growing up in the Sverdlovsk region.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants