UrFU's technology portal rises in university rankings
Currently, UrFU holds a Webometrics ranking of 1,728, a 735-position increase over its 2013 position of 2,463.
"Portal of our university, uniting hundreds of sites units and institutions, it becomes more interesting and useful in terms of fullness and quality of information, the number of links on the page of our portal, established with external sites and as a result, we are actively moving in the rankings," UrFU Monitoring Center Director Mark Akoev said. "[Our web portal] is our 'shop to the world', in which we evaluate potential students, employers and researchers.
This year's Webometrics list evaluated 12,000 total universities, 583 of which were located in Russia. UrFU's web portal was ranked third in Russia, behind Moscow State University and St. Petersburg State University.
Established in 2004, Webometrics issues rankings of university web sites twice a year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants