Yekaterinburg's Koltsovo Airport completes renovation of domestic terminals
The areas surrounding the domestic terminals have nearly doubled in size to reach 140,000 sq. feet.
Visually, the look of the domestic terminals has been modernized to feature new interior seating areas, bright colors and a carefully-planned foot traffic path to reduce pedestrian congestion.
"The main task of the reconstruction was to create a functional and comfortable [area] for our passengers, the airport terminal, it was necessary to provide the necessary balance between processability preflight procedures and comfortable waiting for a flight will the fullest range of service offerings," Koltsovo Executive Director Alexei Piskunov said. "We hope that the goal is achieved, and our guests will feel comfortable here, with pleasure will depart from Koltsovo and gladly go back."
Renovations began in December 2012 after airport management noticed the disparities between the outdated domestic terminals and the fresher international terminals which were built in 2005. In total, Koltsovo Airport invested more than $30 million in the project.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants