Olympic champion Julia Lipnitskaya awarded title of Honored Master of Sports
At 15 years old, Lipnitskaya became the youngest gold medalist in the history of the Winter Olympics after receiving top placements in both long and short figure skating events at the Sochi games earlier this week, Ekburg.ru reports.
Lipnitskaya excelled most in the short figure skating program by performing a technically flawless triple Lutz, triple toe loop, double Axel, double toe loop and four rotations.
The young athlete also won the 2014 European Championship in figure skating and was the silver medalist of the 2013-2014 Grand Prix event, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants