UrFU to offer prize for winning proposal naming new campus squares, streets
Groundbreaking on the new UrFU campus took place on Monday. Proposals will be accepted from Feb. 17 through March 31. Second and third place prizes of $2,600 and $2,000 will also be awarded.
"The main task - to give the name of the infrastructure elements of the campus, [on] which be located academic buildings, laboratories, research centers and other facilities, taking into account the traditions [of] UrFU, ideological consistency, historical continuity and aesthetic sound[ness]," competition organizer Michael Zhabreev said.
Students wishing to compete should propose names for a total of 26 streets, five squares and numerous boulevards and avenues that comprise the territory of the new UrFU campus.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants