Yekaterinburg to name Upper Iset street after firefighter Eugene Savkova
The new street will connect Hrustalnogorskoy Street with Sukhodolskoye Street, and will commemorate Colonel Savkova's service to the region as a prominent figure in fire protection, according to Ekburg.ru.
Savkova served as head of the Sverdlovsk region's fire department from 1952 to 1974. During his tenure, he introduced a number of fire safety initiatives which are now considered to have been ahead of his time.
In 1960, Savkova oversaw the development of the original machine generator that dispensed highly-compressed foam-- the prototype would be adapted and implemented by other fire departments in Russia and across the world, Ekburg.ru reports.
From 1965 to 1974, Savkova worked closely with other regional fire departments to create a network of inspection offices to ensure that each region was equipped with the proper equipment and training to effectively fight fires.
During his career, Savkova was awarded the Order of Lenin award, the Great Patriotic War award, two Red Star badges, the badge of honor and the "50 years in the ranks of the Communist Party" honorary title, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants