UTair ranks as airliner with most number of emergencies in 2013
"This was the case last year and the year before the last," Grishayev said, Ural Business Consulting reports. "However, the reason for such statistics is that the company operates over 400 aircraft."
In most cases it was reported that the airplanes had to perform emergency landings due to false warnings.
"The overall security index stands at more than 90 percent for all the airlines," Grishayev said, according to Ural Business Consulting.
According to inspections, the authorities report that flights were delayed for such reasons as worsening weather conditions, a lack of reserve aircraft and because of planes arriving too late at their airports.
Under existing regulations, a lack of back-up planes qualifies as a violation, Grishayev stated, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants